Thanks to some creative thinking and the overall desire to deliver for the kids on Easter, it was just announced that the Easter Bunny will be in town for Easter in Knightdale! Well technically, the beloved bunny will be delivering his Easter Eggs across town on Thursday, April 9 between 9:00 a.m. and 12:30 p.m.
Easter in Knightdale: The “Bunny Hop Parade” is Coming to Your Neighborhood or Street
Continuing to stay in accordance with social distancing regulations, the Easter Bunny will be riding in a Knightale Town Parks and Recreation vehicle on this “hop” across town. These travels will also bring a little bit of Easter in Knightdale tradition with it, forming a mini “Bunny Hop Parade.”
Their route will take the Easter holiday icon down First Ave., starting from Harper Park and the Knightdale Police Department and Fire Departments will guide the Bunny’s route.
The route is scheduled to let the bunny provide smiles to the kids for Easter in Knightdale as they will visiit in and out of 15 different stops and subdivisions. The first delivery and part of the parade route will pass through Knightdale Station. (See below for scheduled times.)
Remember to Stay Safe and Follow all Guidelines During the “Bunny Hop Parade”
Many questions and uncertainty have surrounded residents here at Knightdale Station and across the U.S. during the recent situation across our country. Crowded stores, social distancing, and even panic has become pretty common in the past month.
While it has been difficult to keep a distance from family and friends, there is no question that it is safest even for the upcoming holiday. While normally those celebrating Easter in Knightdale would have big family ‘get togethers,” it has been advised against large crowds. Likewise, the kids would usually be anticipating the annual Easter Egg hunting, this too would normally see large groups gathering together.
All this being said, please remember that safety in this time is of utmost importance. Thus, remember to explain to the children the following. We all need to honor Governor Cooper’s social distancing orders. That being said, during the Easter in Knightdale “parade” the Easter Bunny can not stop. Likewise, the bunny can only wave at the children. They will drive slowly so all the kids can also wave and receive the “special deliveries.. To announce the arrival of the Easter Bunny, the police and fire vehicles will accordingly hit their sirens and horns.
Make a Few Memories and Provide a Few Smiles
Again, to stress this point, the Town of Knightdale has opted to bring this Easter in Knightdale event to you and your neighborhood for you and your children to enjoy. Please explain to the children that “the Easter Bunny has to get back home to deliver eggs to as many different children as possible.”
Thus, this planned Easter in Knightdale “parade” will allow a little normalcy for the children in town. I think we all can agree that a few smiles and some normalcy is welcome! No, this may not be the usual Easter in Knightdale egg hunt and festivities. But under the circumstances, to put this together for the community and make some children happy is very admirable.
Below is a list of estimates for the time of arrival in each neighborhood. These times do depend on traffic and other variables.
Scheduled “Bunny Hop Parade” Route for Thursday, April 9, 2020
- 9:15 a.m.- Knightdale Station – Silverliner, Carolinian, Sunland, Heartland Flyer, Twin Star, Silver Comet
- 9:35 a.m. – Emerald Point – Aquamarine, Gem, Zircon
- 9:45 a.m. – Beaver Dam – Knollcrest, Allendown, Hinton View, Hope Valley
- 9:55 a.m. – Edenburghs Keep – Edenburghs Keep, Clematis, Cassia
- 10:00 a.m. – Pebblebrook – Pebblebrook, Maplewood, Village, Sugar
- 10:15 a.m. – McKnight Road
- 10:15 a.m. – Lauren’s Way – Widewaters, Delta River, Beddingfield, Pine Acres, Trailstream, Riverbirch, Oak Crest
- 10:40 a.m. – Princeton Manor – Princeton View, Peachtree Town
- 10:50 a.m. – Mingo Creek – Mingo Bluff
- 11:20 a.m. – Cheswick – Ranchester, Hauser Lake, Lena
- 11:30 a.m. – Churchill – Churchhill Glen, Twin Spires, Sunday Silence, Old Rosebud
- 11:40 a.m. – Glenmere off Smithfield Road – Poplar Summit, Spruce Pine, Highland Ridge
- 11:45 a.m. – Glenmere off Fayetteville Road – Cedar Pond
- 12:00 p.m. – Flowers Road to Kelly Meadows Road
- 12:10 p.m. – Sycamore to Second Street
- 12:20 p.m. – Carrington Woods – Crosstie, Balaster, St. John, Southhampton, Brookfield, Carrington
- End at Harper Park
For further information on this special Easter in Knightdale event, visit the Town off Knightdale website at knightdalenc.gov. You can also email Recreation Program Supervisor, Susie Paschal at Susie.Paschal@KnightdaleNC.gov.